E46 Non-M HD Differential Mount Kit
Another E46 part designed from the ground up by SLG that nobody else offers! This is for when you need the next level of protection from subframe and axle failures!
The factory E46 differential mounting leaves so much to be desired for many reasons as explained below:
- Power is unevenly distributed through the subframe to the vehicle floor, causing twisting and the notorious cracking of E46 subframe mounting areas
- The diff is held with little leverage, and twists more than you think. With high power and/or clutch kicks we have seen bent front bolts and broken rear mounts in many cars
- The moving diff contributes to blown axle CV joints aka broken axles
- We just plain broke the rear mount on our 330. Race car problems!
So, take advantage of what is a power capable diff (up to ~450hp) and dont bother upgrading to an M3 subframe setup. Our kit bolts between the diff and the diff cover. It then attaches to the subframe via two weld-on tabs. Laser cut from steel in the USA.
- Differential plate
- Two Subframe mounting tabs
- Two heavy duty mounting bolts
- Remove differential from subframe, and cover from diff.
- Install the large plate, using differential seal RTV between the diff and plate, and plate and diff cover.
- Torque bolts to 30 ft/lbs after RTV has cured for an hour. We recommend using longer bolts to get more thread engagement and not strip the case. 30mm with a washer is ok if using stock cover.
- Install diff back into the subframe.
- Weld on the first mounting tab after loosely securing it to the diff plate, while the diff is still bolted to the original rear mount for placement.
- Remove the diff and cut off the original rear mount.
- Install the diff using the front mounts and first tab you welded on. Loosley bolt on the second tab and weld on.
- Remove diff and finalize welding.
- Paint, what you like, install diff, and go rip
Due to the intended use of high performance products, Seems Legit Garage, LLC. ("SLG”) products and each part thereof, are sold "AS IS” and with all faults. To the fullest extent allowed by law, SLG Racing Products makes NO written, oral, expressed, or implied statement of warranty or guarantee on any product or part sold. SLG will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages, including but not limited to, damage, injury, loss of life, loss of property or equipment, loss of profits or revenue, or claims from any individual or entity arising from the use of any SLG product.
RACING IS A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND PURCHASERS OF SLG PRODUCTS ACKNOWLEDGE THE INHERENT RISKS ASSOCIATED. SLG MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT ITS PRODUCTS CAN REDUCE OR ELIMINATE ANY SUCH RISK. SLG products are NOT FOR STREET, HIGHWAY, OR AIRCRAFT USE and are intended ONLY for race vehicles operated on closed-course facilities or race tracks with appropriate supervision of qualified technicians or mechanics to ensure that the safety needs of the race driver and others are met. SLG products could be combined with other products or parts which may not be suitable and could adversely affect performance of other race parts or the vehicle. The user shall determine the ultimate suitability and safety of the product for its intended use, and the user assumes all responsibility and risk in connection therewith.
Please allow 1-3 business days for orders to ship. (not including weekends)
International Buyers may be subject to taxes and customs fees depending on the country. We are not responsible for any extra fees occurred on the package.
If you choose not to pay the taxes/fees, the package is unclaimed, or the address provided is undeliverable and the package is returned to us, we will gladly refund you for the purchased products but shipping will not be refunded!
Also, due to current restrictions and regulations of COVID-19, we are not allowed to accept returns of merchandise from international orders! Also, we can not cancel international orders after they have shipped! Please make sure you are positive on sizing or any other options when placing an order! If you have any questions please email "email@example.com"
Please also be aware that due to COVID-19 we can not guarantee delivery dates for all international orders. These conditions are out of our control once an order has been shipped out! Standard lead time is typically 2-3 weeks.
Once an order has shipped, it can not be cancelled! If you are in the United States, you will be sent a return label for your order and will receive a refund once the items have been returned and checked over. If any items are missing or damaged, you will be charged the difference for the missing item(s) or charged a restocking fee up to 20%.
Nardi products that are in stock take 1-3 days to ship. Nardi parts and accessories that need to be ordered by our supplier take 3-6 weeks.
Most Nardi products have a 30 day return window, but it varies by item. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the return policy on the item you would like to purchase. All returned Nardi products will be subject to a 20% restocking fee and the buyer is responsible for return shipping. You may provide your own label or we can provide one and take the difference from your total return once approved by Nardi. All products need to be still in new, resalable condition, and returned in the same manner as originally shipped (product inside product box/packaging, product box/packaging inside shipping box). All steering wheels must be unregistered.
LINK products purchased from www.shopjimmyo.com MUST be returned to LINK within 14 days of the received date. We can provide you a return label from "email@example.com" for a small fee or you may provide your own!
Any products in which you return will only be accepted if they are in the original packaging and in pristine order and condition. The tamper proof sticker must be intact. Returned goods must also be accompanied by documentation showing:
*Name and Address
* invoice number
*Reason for return
All of which are on your invoice supplied in your order (minus the reason for return. Please write that on the invoice)
In addition to meeting the the above conditions, there will be a 20% restocking fee on all accepted returns. NO EXCEPTIONS
If the products are returned to LINK in a condition that does not meet their requirements, Link Engine Management Ltd (and us, shopjimmyo) reserves the right to refuse acceptance and/or charge a higher restocking fee.